Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dhim Thadukka......

I heard the rhythmic sound of 'chenda'...(The kind of drums seen in Southern India is called "Chenda").
I was not able to resist, I went downstairs.....I listened for some time, no chenda experts are around...I got my hands on it...."Dhim thadukka kodumala ganapathy thim thadukka kottukkal ganapathy, dhim thadukka..dhim thadukka thaa" (a common beat, people used to play in chenda).........I was happy :-)...

P.S :- After that when I was proudly coming back as a chenda expert, I saw my team mates...I asked them about my performance (obviously with jada)...but they were not able to identify that it was "DHim thadukka...." :-(

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe I couldn't hear you beating Chenda, but I sensed it while I saw you running up, your whole body was still swaying to the beat.

There's something I have noticed about rythmic beats, as a child, I have stood hours on end listening to the rythm of the rain... I find a tune myself and try to sing along... then after a while, it will be a totally different tune, but with the same rythm. I never realized what a great thing I was doing then!

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P ,mazha kandal ippozhum sandosham varaundo?

4:57 AM  
Blogger Me Talking... said...

Illedee....ninakko?

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

njan aranna P vicharichee??

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home