Monday, October 17, 2005

Um desengate a Goa....


And we went to Goa, yae me and Channu….this time also we had no plans, just go.go…

I truly realized that Hindi is our national language, English wont help you much at times.
Its around 6 o’clock in the morning, we are having tea from Panaji - read it as Panjim, later you come to know why…. - bus-stand, walked towards Paulo travels to book the return ticket to M’lore….

And there comes the GUIDE…Subash, and he knows only Hindi….I thought of my Hindi mash...and still I remember , I was trying hard to write the Hindi letters in the black board…in that long hall I can see my mother standing in the other end, watching me getting chooral prayogam from him….

And Subbu took us to some hotel….early morning we were traveling as pillions of Subash, through the streets of Panjim….as the bike takes each turn I was trying hard to remember the route to reach back to the bus station…but in between I lost my direction…..i donno whether to take right or left turn from that junction…..shiiiiii…

And atlast we settled down at a Lodge near Miramar-Beach…Channu seems to be too much worried about all these….And we went out to get paste and Kings……

Mowgs we got an Attiva and once you are out of high way it seems like you are riding through some palakkadu village, with rice fields on both sides…and we could see people having Pepsi in between the harvest J...ohh ee globalization engane poyaal evde ethum ;-)

He was shouting something in Hindi from behind…I couldn’t make it out…but the very next moment i was pulled backwards in a sudden jerk and I somehow took hold of channu’s jacket…ohh at times we were virtually flying…hmm it was water scooter….
I looked back…. peoples are getting smaller…..when we started going back I took note of the farthest point that we reached…and this entire thing last for only less than 5 minutes….

“da namukku ivde ninnu photo edukkam”….da channu avar Malayaalikaalaneda..we sat on the corner wall of the fort and watched the students…they were very enthusiastic…I thought of those trips from our college…and how we lost that enthusiasm….I tried to listen to them and smile….we walked slowly through the walls and we could see river Mandavi – far away slowly moving towards her destiny..


We sat on cement bench under the Banyan tree…I could see two three peoples having beer sitting opposite to us…i had seen him some where…and we smiled each other…later I realized that he was also there in our M’lore – Goa bus….


Rain….we were forced to stop somewhere…and our Activa stopped near a temple..i was feeling sleepy…I slowly lay down on the side walls…listened to rain for some time…Channu was asking something….i replied something and slowly I fell asleep….suddenly I felt like somebody is spilling water over me..i got-up, rain was getting heavier…it seems like the end of our first day…but still I felt happy….and I was feeling sleepy , but couldn’t find a place inside the temple varandha


We started the Activa , still it was drizzling, we went towards Vagatore beach…and I liked the drizzling…beach was not that good….we saw a fort near by…I felt a strong feeling to get there…it was raining and it is not safe to walk through the slippery hill side..but I couldn’t leave that place with out going there….something was pulling me towards that…and somebody told we can reach near the fort through some other road…we tried that option…but we couldn’t find the road easily…we were almost about to give up..but we got the correct road…..the road wont reach till the top of the hill, we have to walk through the hill side…we walked slowly towards the fort entrance…we got inside and it was…………………..so beautiful…………………………………………..and we were the only people…I felt like the whole fort was waiting for us….and I walked slowly through the fort ground, full of grass…..we stood up on the fort wall………you can see everything…the sea…boats…people in the beach…the river…and how the sea kisses the river and the river becomes sea…..and I stood still for a long time looking towards the sea…….. Tranquility……….. I can still feel that when I close my eyes ….


Train started moving slowly, we waved towards those little children standing on the way….they were happy and smiling……they ran with the train for sometime….
Me n channu stood near the door, it was around 6pm….i thought of my grand ma …..we were sitting in the pooja room.. me, grand ma and my brother rama rama..we started reciting ramanamam..
I started singing ‘Guruvaayoorappa nin munpil’ one of my favorite devotional song…then ‘chandanam manakkunna poonthottam…chandrika mezhukiya manimuttam…..ummmarathmbily nilavilakku uchathil sandhyakku namajapam, hari naama japam’……………………


P.S : The story behind Panjim....we asked someone the route to Panaji...he had a look in his face like he is hearing about such a place for the first time....me and ch looked each other..then we asked "ok what about Panjim??"....he was happy and replied.."Ohh Panjim..you go staright and take a right turn.."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Me n channu stood near the door, it was around 6pm….i thought of my grand ma …..we were sitting in the pooja room.. me, grand ma and my brother rama rama..we started reciting ramanamam..
"
It is known as fenny effect.

--Ch

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Feni is the just the cause, the effect is always kinda same...

Cause could be anything - feni/bacardi/VAT.. or music/rain/a lonely night.. o there's a multitude.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P, You forgot to mention about the PAK.Or is that to be kept in your mind for some lonely time :-)

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more incident. Though some what bitter ,it seems to amusing now (?) :-)

We are coming back from Margao ( read as Madgav) through NH17.
Our destination is oldgoa. From the map there are 2 ways to reach there.
1.Through Panjim ( NH17)
2.Through Bettim ( village road)

As every one we too prefer the Bettim road.
I am riding the Activa and P is eagerly looking for the sign board.Suddently we noticed that the high way police is checking a bike (That is a rented one like us. Private rented bike seems to be illegal. But it is very popular and useful ).
As we passed them we have nt looked at them . We pretended like we are riding bikes in goa from the very beginning we learned biking and all these scenes are very normal to us.

So we passed them. I told P "
Da nammal nannayi abhinayichu avanmarkku oru doubtum thoniyilla.Nammal ethokke ethra kandatha alle" P agreed .

Some minutes later ...
We heared a whisle sound. It is the the traffic police ( same old)

flash back
-----------
We are passing.
Police A : Dey machu, De randennam ponu. Onnu mind polum cheyyathe.
Police B : masil pidicha pokku.
A: eathu vare povana alle.
B: ya first ivanmar.Avar poyokotte, namukku pidikkam .

----

Police A: Hindi Maratti, English ?
We : English
A: Whose bike is this?
We : Our friend, Joe's.
A: Dont lie I know u have rented this. and it is illegal and I am claiming that You have thefted it .

P : no sir. It is our frnds bike. We will connect you to him
A : No , Come to court tomorrow morning with joe .Now i am taking the bike.ele pay the fine 2500/-.
P : sir , we are not aware of all these.Please leave us. Excuse us , sir please please , We need to go back to kerala today,
( then P did t one thing ) .
He put the hand on the shoulder of the police)
sir ,pls..

Police got moved by P's action.
A: Then give 500 and go.
P :Sir We have nt that much . We can give u 100/
A: 500
P: 100
A: 500
P: 200
( Then P did the ultimate thing,He opened his vallet which is empty.)
P: sir..( u can imagine P's expression)
Police got fully moved.
A: Then give something
I have given him 200.and then everything is OK.

Welldone P well done

-Ch

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah ,Well done P ,well done ..

P de expressions orthittu enikku chiri vannittu vayyaa :d :d

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home